Monday, December 22, 2014

UA and Living Aboard

I have been UA (Unauthorized Absence) from this blog for over a year... what the hell.

Well, to explain, I lost my job in January of 2014 and have been looking for work ever since. Since I was unemployed, a lot of the projects that I wanted to start on Liberty Call were put on hold as I just could not afford them at the time, and honestly, who wants to look at blog posts about being unemployed, that's just depressing.

I used to be a government contractor. It paid very well and I worked for a great company, but they just couldn't keep my job when the Feds closed up everything in 2013-2014. Its ok though, I've realized that I don't need as much money as I used to (Shocker), so taking a job with a smaller paycheck is not as big of a deal anymore.

Now on the job front, thats still a work in progress, but I've decided to take advantage of my Veteran's Benefits and go back to school on the 9/11 GI Bill. That will pay for classes as well as cover my living expenses, so the job front gets a little more flexible.

As for Liberty Call, I'm still working and living on her. I'm in the sun all the time (thanks San Diego!) and I feel better than I have in years...



(UA is a navy term that replaced the older AWOL. It means the same thing. Absent from your duty station without permission.)



No comments:

Post a Comment