Tuesday, October 8, 2013

So why "Liberty Call"?

I served in the US Navy for a little over 12 years before we went our separate ways. The only thing I really miss about the life was being at sea and visiting foreign shores. Not the drills, or inspections, or whatever else some Admiral thought would be a good idea at the time so he could pin another medal to his chest. It was about seeing the world and being at sea. I've seen some pretty amazing sights and the two words that precipitated those great port visits was "Liberty Call"

Liberty Call is Navy parlance for quittin time! It means drop what you're doing and go have fun. Now normally, Liberty Call is also edited to include when liberty will expire (midnight or something close to it), but in my case, there's no expiration date!

Now I don't think I'll be seeing any foreign shores for quite a while, but at least I'll be able to enjoy the sea again.

No comments:

Post a Comment