Tuesday, January 20, 2015

A New House Bank

I found a local supplier of AGM batteries that sells them super cheap as they are "blemished", meaning that they have some sort of cosmetic damage to them. As I don't care about that, I purchased two of these batteries for $125 apiece. They are Alcatel Lucent AGM Batteries that are rated at 175amp-hours at 20hrs. So with two of these installed in parallel, I'll have a 350ah battery bank. Not bad. These batteries are so inexpensive for what they are I am seriously tempted to go back and buy one more. BUT... I need to install these two first replacing my old batteries and see how much room I will have left. They're 105lbs apiece and heavy as hell to lug around, so once I have a place set up for them, the next time I take them out of the boat will be to replace them.



Here's a link to the Deep Cycle Battery San Diego

No comments:

Post a Comment